More

Are you thirsty? While washing dishes a while ago I was contemplating something. About how all the money, the fame prestige, and success how none of it really matters because it just simply isn't enough. I didn't know what exactly I hungered for and craved but none of those options never pleased me, it always leaves me empty. I was looking at my phone , I have Samsung Galaxy S5 and I got a notification on how I'm due for an upgrade. My first thought was "about freaking time!" probably what any other teenager my age would say. But then quickly, my thoughts shifted to how easily I folded to want the next best thing, how easily I invited the idea that the more newer materialistic things I had the better off I was in societies eyes, and I began to feel sick. Sick because when did I get this far enthralled in the world that I know feared what they say of me, what they think of me its all a never ending cycle and it never leads to fulfillment it never satisfies, and it most definitely keeps me on my toes in look out for what next best thing is because just as soon as we get the next best thing 6 months later it will be replaced? it changes, it will never reach a point of complete stillness, of complete perfection NEVER! We all crave things and we think that once we obtain them we will have everything that we need. When does somebody say "why is it not enough"why do I desire that next best thing and Why does it not satisfy? This goes for fame, success, and money as well. Nothing seems to fill me nothing, satisfies me , so why is it not enough? Through this whole reflection I went back. Back to when I first meet Jesus, I remembered feeling so amazed, so much joy, so excited, I was so in Love. I wanted to keep Him in the grasp of my hands, He had just been revealed to me and no way was I going to let go of HIM. This was a beautiful time where nothing else mattered, where my whole world began to change, where burdens where taken from me, where sin was washed cleaned, where the revelation of his Love for me was the most scandalous thing I had ever heard and experienced. Scandalous because to wash me, a sinners feet for the soul fact that He loved me was SCANDOLOUS! I went back to those days because there was a place where I felt completely accepted completely loved, and I absolutely had to do nothing to obtain it. Are you thirsty? because Yes, I am. I hunger for a life worth so much more a life where resting in Jesus leaves me far more satisfied, far more secure, far more loved and cared for than anything else in this world just simply resting in His love for me is all consuming, all satisfying it is enough He is ENOUGH. I remember not long ago being advised to surrender my thoughts, feelings and emotions. So that way through everything He can be represented and take control. So I did, I was pretty sure I had said I surrendered all to Him already but sometimes the littlest of things can have a huge impact. He surely must have taken control of my thoughts and feelings. He clearly reminded me that I don't need any of those worldly things to find satisfaction because I woun't. Where I find satisfaction is in Him in His love, grace and him calling me back to a place where I remember the important things, like His tugging of my heart. Him calling me back to a place of thankfulness and contentment. Don't follow the patterns of the world because they will never satisfy. Go back to when Jesus was and is and will continue to be everything! I only desire to go deeper in communion with God. Deeper in intimate prayers, leaving all things that keep me from Him behind. Moses said it best "If Your presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here." Exodus 33:15 "So Lord, what ever career, what ever success, whatever doors, what ever riches, what ever future there is for me If you don't personally go with me then I don't want it." if your presence doesn't come with me I don't need it". Godbless you all and I hope this encourages you guys as it did to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unfathomable Love

Gratefullness

"Be quiet! Be still!"