The Jabez Prayer

And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, "Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!" So God granted him what he requested. 1 Chronicles 4:10

"Do we really understand how far the American Dream is from God's dream for us"?

 "See this world tells you to go to school and be successful and lets be honest success is determined by how much money you have in your bank account right?! See everyday of your life you are told go to school get a great career and you'll be successful have fancy things. But where are the people telling you to Trust in me your God in my perfect will and calling for you? You all work to be successful in this world but don't you know you are not of this world? Why do you promote worldly success over spiritual God given success? Where is your faith? Why are you willing to spend  years learning, studying, and practicing your talents for your careers but only give me your God the scraps of your time if even have any at all for me? Not willing to risk your dreams, goals, desires, longings to me who knows what's best for you?!"

Ouch! See that was God talking to me in my disobedience in what he was calling me to do. He was placing conviction after conviction. There is no sweeter declaration of love than risking it all for the one who died to save you. Dying to yourself of any desire, longing, dreams, and goals. Seeking God and his righteousness so much that your only desire is not less and nothing more than His will for your life.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, " Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to give you hope and a future."- Jeremiah 29:11

I encourage you if God is calling you to do something crazy out of the ordinary that requires enormous amounts of Faith I encourage you to accept your calling immediately.

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is his good, pleasing and perfect will." - Romans 12:2

Maybe nobody will understand you but they are not suppose to that is not there calling. God told you not them. So yes maybe this whole world will be against you and call you crazy but God will call you faithful! Known that you are dependent of God not of the people who judge you.

Learn to trust God. This world tells us to reach for success on our own but you are not independent you are dependent without Christ you can do nothing. There will be people who don't understand you but be at peace because God will carry you every step of the way.

I encourage you if God is calling you to do something out of the ordinary something that this world literally is against obey God and be lead by the Holy Spirit. I encourage you to seek advice from elders at your church and be in fasting and prayer so you will not be deceived before you make a decision.

"Now the God of Hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, in the power of the Holy Spirit."-Romans 15:13

It is really frightening but as chosen ones as son and daughter's of Christ we are expected to step in Faith where failure is guaranteed if it wasn't for God leading you and him stepping in. That is how he is glorified and how we learn to be dependent on him. Realizing who he is in us and who we are in him. I Pray that this may be of blessing to someone going through this as I am and for Gods name to be glorified in the name of Jesus Amen! Godbles!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unfathomable Love

"Be quiet! Be still!"

Gratefullness